April 30, 2007 by Ryan Joy
After raving about my fish tacos for months, I finally had a chance to share them to much acclaim with a few of my coworkers this Saturday at a movie day. This is such an easy dish that people absolutely love. I have to share it…
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large papaya, peeled and diced.
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 lb. salmon
- 1 lb. mahi mahi
- 12-16 white corn tortillas
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a large bowl. Depending on your taste preferences and those of your guests, you may want to add some garlic and/or chopped jalapenos to the mix.
- Cook fish 10 minutes per inch @ 400 degrees on the grill. If you’re skilled enough, you can cut the skin off the filets before you place them on the grill. Once they’re cooked, cut them into 1/4 in. thick slices.
- Heat tortillas and serve! Use the cabbage for texture and crunch. This recipe serves about 8 and there will be leftover mango salsa that will keep for a day or so.
While my salsa was
definitely probably the star of the day, Ernesto’s Nintendo Wii and 60″ DLP flat-screen television also wowed the crowd. In fact, I want one. Now.
Category Recipes | Tags:
Sorry, comments are closed.