December 11, 2012 by atxryan
Create and publish your Windows 8 app by Jan. 20th and win a $100 gift card
- GET STARTED – Download all the software and resources you need. It is free!
- BUILD YOUR APP – We’ll point you to instructive videos, hands – on labs, sample code and more.
- PUBLISH YOUR APP – Your app will be available to millions at the Windows Store. Submit details of your published App to claim your $100 gift card prize.
Don’t know where to start?
Why not try your hand at gaming. You can create a game and publish to Windows 8 without writing any code by using GameSalad or other game engines. In fact, you can get a discounted student license of GameSalad at Studica.
Downloadable game assets: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3355E5FB9C6E0BAF!21523 (Warning: BIG file. 929 MB)
As always, reach out to me on Twitter or via email if you have any questions! I can point you to tutorials and samples that can kickstart your app!
Make sure you’ve signed up for DreamSpark
DreamSpark is a Microsoft program to provide the tools student developers and designers need. In addition, the $50 Windows Store registration fee will also be waived once you sign up.
- Go to DreamSpark.com and click on the “Student” tab at the top.
- Scroll down and choose “Create an account”
- Choose your college or university from the schools list. If your school is not listed, contact email@example.com for an activation code.
- Enter and confirm your school email address.
- Confirm the email address by clicking the activation link sent to you.
- That’s it! You now have a DreamSpark account. Check out the free software you can download. Activate your Windows Store token. Build some apps!
Sorry, comments are closed.